Solutions Around the Home:
1. If you are all out of toothpicks and you need to check your cake baking to see if it done you can also use a long piece of uncooked Spaghetti. (I actually prefer this because they are longer).
2. To easily keep your household scissors sharp: Cut a few snips of sandpaper with your scissors and it will help maintain their edge.
3. To neatly open a cereal box lid (so it can be re-closed properly), use a letter opener.
4. To de-crystallize honey (in a jar) uncover and warm on medium power in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. If a plastic honey container you can set in a hot cup of water until crystals are gone. Honey lasts a long time so no need to throw out when crystals form, its an easy fix!
5. Extra shower curtain rings can be useful for storing scarves and purses. Place some rings on a closet rod and thread your scarves through them and hook your handbags straps to them. It keeps them visible and off the floor.
6. Candy Lifesavers work great to hold birthday candles on a cake and they also "catch" the wax drips from landing so much on the cake. It looks pretty too!
7. Your dishwasher can be used for more than just cleaning dishes!
Use your top rack to clean these items:
- Wash your kids action figures in a mesh laundry bag.
- Wash baseball caps
- Wash Flip flops
- Wash knee pads, shin guards or mouth guards
- Light fixture covers (only if they are not painted, enameled or antiqued)