Pages

Welcome!

Hi! I'm Shana and I want to Share with you a part of my life with this site in the hope that it holds something of value to you - A Solution Shared! May it be a blessing to you!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homemade TV & Laptop Screen Cleaner

After I had my Laptop Computer for a month or so I realized how dirty the screen can get but was not at all sure what was safe to use. I found the Computer Screen Cleaning Wipes left streaks and decided to go a more natural route but still wanted to make sure it was safe for the screen. 

I have tried this solution and found it works great for my Laptop and TV screens but make sure you don't apply or spray directly to the screen but put a small amount on a Lint-Free Cloth (you can purchase at local office supply or use an old soft t-shirt type rag) Please use at your own risk with your equipment, however I have not had any problem with this gentle formula.

Note: Do not use paper towels. Do not use plain tap water, only Distilled. Do not spray directly on screens as it can drip down into parts and damage. Less is more :) when applying to your cloth, either spray on the cloth or dip cloth into jar just a little first. You can do a second round of cleaning if screens are really dirty.  I prefer to gently use a back and forth cleaning motion and end with a dry Lint-Free Cloth. Ahhhh, just like new again!

The basic recipe is:

1/2 cup plain White Vinegar
1/2 cup Distilled Water


Pour into small jar with a fitting lid or a spray bottle and label. Can be stored for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment