Pages

Welcome!

Hi! I'm Shana and I want to Share with you a part of my life with this site in the hope that it holds something of value to you - A Solution Shared! May it be a blessing to you!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Save Money Buy Baking Soda -100's of Uses Part 2

I am still fascinated by all the uses for Baking Soda! I hope you had a chance to learn or try some of the previous Baking Soda remedies I posted a few weeks back for your household and hopefully, saved some money too.


I like the fact that I am noticing less and less harsh chemicals under my sink. By keeping the basic "healthy comparable yet simple versions" that are safe for all the family (Distilled White Vinegar and Baking Soda) to help out in cleaning chores, I don't need to be concerned about toxic fumes or skin reactions.


Here are some more uses I found for Baking Soda in recipes, cleaning, storage, and even de-icing:


To make a fluffy omelette, add 1/2 tsp. baking soda (for every 3 eggs).


To clean your microwave safely you can use a general cleaning solution of 4 Tablespoons Baking Soda to 1 Quart warm water to wipe down the interior. Another way is to boil a few spoonfuls of Bakings Soda in a microwave-safe cup with water for 3-5 min. Cup will be hot to touch so use a potholder to remove. The interior can now be easily wiped down with a clean sponge or paper towel of cleaning mixture moisture from the steam created. Wow thats easy!


Before you put your garbage bag in your garbage can in your kitchen, you can neutralize odors by sprinkling Baking Soda in the bottom. I use this idea for the smaller waste baskets in our home also!


I did not realize but you can use Baking Soda as a De-icer! We actually had more snow here (in March!) Just sprinkle on your front steps to promote traction and melt ice. It is much safer for outside surfaces than most of the harsh chemical brands and if tracked in to the house, it is less to worry about too. You can mix with sand if you need more heavy texture/grit.


I found it is really handy to just have a shaker or container filled with baking soda at arms reach in my kitchen and bath on a regular basis. I like to re- use small plastic containers with lids for this purpose! 

Baking Soda is just such a versatile substance and is so friendly on the budget! Okay I know, I know, I will have to do another Part 3 for Baking Soda uses.....stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment